Yesterday I was in mode for a backyard barbecue!
Since it looked sunny in the morning and warm, so started preparing the chicken, let it thow then marinated with spicy delicious marinade, by the noon it started to look cloudy then within half an hour it rained.
Holy God ! I think we never must relay on early look, since we are in April never depend on good weather.
I insist on grilling and thanks to our covered grill.
Some tips on the recipe:
- Start with the skewers, if you use the wooden ones let them soak in water so they don’t burn quickly.
- For the marinade of chicken I used many spices and you also may try your favourite flavor.
- The yogurt make big difference to let the chicken comes tender and juicy so don’t hesitate and try it.
- About the Mint and Cucumber Yogurt Dip you can prepare it ahead of time and keep it in the fridge, this will concentrate the mint flavor.
- In this recipe I used chicken tenders you can use the breast or thighs and the amount depend on the party of people.
- You can use any kind of veggies to skew with the chicken, try the fresh mushroom it is very delicious when grilled.
Chicken Skewers with Mint and Cucumber Yogurt Dip
FOR THE MARINADE:
12 pieces of chicken tenders
1\2 teaspoon of each ground: (coriander, cumin, sumac, safflower, cardamom, sweet pepper, black pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder)
3\4 – 1 teaspoon salt depend how salty you like the food
3 tablespoon yogurt
3 tablespoon olive oil
FOR THE SKEWERS:
green bell pepper
Cut the chicken tenders into medium pieces, mix all the other ingredient of marinade with the chicken, keep it in the fridge at least for 2 hours.
soak the wooden skewers in water until you are ready to skew the chicken, prepare the veggies cut each into cubes of medium sizes.
start to skew the chicken and the vegetable, try to put them in a pattern.
Prepare the grill, I always wipe the wires with a touch of oil so it will prevent sticking with the food, and heat it at medium high.
Place the skewers cover it and cook for about 15 – 20 minutes untill it done, make sure to turn it on the other side so they get grilled evenly.
Serve it with the mint and cucumber dip accompanied with white rice.
Mint and Cucumber Yogurt Dip
1 cup of fresh mint
2 cups yogurt
1 gloves garlic
Shop the cucumber into small cuts, mince the garlic add to cucumber chop the mint leaves very fine, add salt and yogurt mix it together, keep it in the fridge at the time of serving.
for the white rice
I used the basmati rice and cook it with the flavor of bay leaves and touch of ground cardamom, for every 1 cup of rice put 1 1\2 cup water, 2 tablespoon of sunflower oil bring it to broil turn the heat down to let it simmer with the cover on, untill all the water absorbed this will take around 10 minutes.
Fluff it with the fork, turn the heat off and keep it covered for another 5 minutes.
BON APPÉTIT …