Chicken, Chicken soup, mushroom, mushroom oat chicken soup, mushroom soup, oat soup, oatmeal, Ramadan soups, side dish, Soup recipes, شوربات رمضانيه, شوربة المشروم بالشوفان, شوربة الدجاج بالمشروم والشوفان
My family favorites soup, the oatmeal with the mushroom have their secrets to this delicious creamy soup.
As it looks, this is the first soup recipe I share with you this Ramadan. Although, soup is at our Iftar menu at daily basis during Ramadan. After a long day fasting, our body is in need for a lot of liquids, to compensate the water lose. I tried to make different kinds every time. So, for now I have some pretty good soup recipes. Unfortunately, I really have shortage in time, that I barely have time to spend at internet and blogging. Ramadan times is very difficult and most of the time go mostly toward spiritual work during fasting day or praying at night, may Allah bless us all and accept our deeds.
Ramadan is a special month to me: It’s the month of worship and forgiveness. In this month, all the doors of heaven are opened, Allah calls his worshipers: Anyone in need? Anyone asking me? So Allah will respond and answer his requests. That’s why good muslims racing to make more good deeds during this month, so they can win Allah’s charity and love. They set their goals in remembering Allah, praying — including the late night and early morning prayers — reciting the Quran, seeking knowledge, the obligation to help people, honouring one’s parents and maintaining good family relations and other acts of worship, it’s the spirit of Ramadan.
In this soup recipe, I didn’t use any thickening agent, no cream nor flour. The cooked oatmeal was enough to add the creaminess and a moderate thickness to the soup, the way my family prefers it the most.
I used a pre-cooked chicken. It’s a good way to use up your leftover roasted chicken. But you can add non cooked chicken in the first step with the onion. Cook it half way then add the mushroom. Continue with the recipe as I will describe it below.
Mushroom Oat Soup.
- 1/2 cup chopped finely onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh mushroom
- 3/4 cup oat old fashioned
- 6-7 cups chicken stock, or water
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
1. Saute the onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil, then add the garlic, mix and sauté for 1 min.
2. Add the butter then mushroom, sauté for 5 min on medium heat, stir to not let it burned.
3. Add the oat mix well, then add the stock or water. Lower the temperature to medium low and let boil, simmer at low heat for 1/2 hour.
4. add the cooked shredded chicken pieces and parsley, mix let boil together for a couple of mins.
5. Serve with a lot of parsley on top.
شوربة الشوفان والمشروم
١/٢ ك بصله مفرومه ناعم
١ م ك زيت زيتون
١ م ص توم مدقوق
١ م ك زبده
٢ ك مشروم طازج مفروم ناعم
٣/٤ ك شوفان الحبوب المامله
٦-٧ ك مرقة دجاج او ماء
١ ك دجاج مطبوخ جاهز مقطع قطع صغيره
٢ م ك بقدونس مفروم طازج
نقلب البصله بالزيت على النار نضيف التوم لحتى يتدبل
نضيف الزبده والمشروم ونقلبع حتى يتدبل المشروم لمدة ٥ د على نار هاديه
نضيف الشوفان ونخفف الحراره ونقلبه بتلزيت مع المشروم لمدة ١ دقيقه
نضيف الماء ونتركه لحتى يغلي نوطئ الحراره ونتركه يطهو لمدة ١/٢ س على نار هادئه جدا
نضيف الدجاج المطهو والبقدونس ونحركه نعدل الملح والفلفل